Safer Medicines Trust
We rely totally on the generosity of people who care to continue our work. All funds that we receive are used strategically and targeted where it matters most. Whatever the size, every donation we receive really does make a difference.
You can donate here online using a debit or credit card:
Our online donation service will take you to the WorldPay site which is 100% secure, but of course we always welcome donations by post too.
How donations are spent
We keep our administration costs to a minimum and have no expensive overheads: all of our office space is donated without charge.
- Free copies of our film, Safer Medicines, distributed to schools & educators
- Leaflets & other literature widely distributed
- Talks at universities, schools & public events
- Web resources
- Articles and letters in newspapers and magazines
- Interviews and debates on radio and TV
Spreading the word to Scientists
- Running conferences (www.drugtestingconference.com; www.safermedicines.org/humantissues)
- Publishing in scientific journals
- Founding a Human Tissues Group to address problems faced by human tissue researchers
- Attending conferences to learn about new technologies & put innovators in touch with drug safety testers
Informing regulators & politicians
- Regular meetings with MPs
- Talks, debates and conferences in the Houses of Parliament
- Submitting evidence to consultations and enquiries
- Early Day Motions and Parliamentary Questions tabled
- Safety of Medicines Bill
How can I donate?
You can donate online by credit or debit card - or if you prefer, you can send a cheque or postal order to: Safer Medicines Trust/Safer Medicines Campaign, PO Box 62720, London SW2 9FQ. Regular gifts by standing order help us to plan ahead with confidence - if you would like to help us in this way, we will be delighted to send you a standing order form: please call 020 8265 2880 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or download a form here
Please remember Safer Medicines Trust in your will. Because the Trust is tax-exempt, 100% of your legacy will go towards our vital work to create a new future for medical research that focuses on strategies more likely to result in effective cures for human disease - without a cost to animals.
We receive no corporate or Government funding. The Trust's work is only possible because of supporters who include Safer Medicines Trust in their thoughts at the same time as they make provision for their loved ones.
Your support is invaluable and is truly appreciated - Thank you
You can also support our work by choosing Safer Medicines Trust as the charity you support when using either the EveryClick search engine, which donates sponsorship money raised from advertisers, or when doing your online shopping through Give as you Live; just click through the site onto your usual favourite online retailers, and a percentage of everything you spend will be donated to the charity of your choice, at no extra cost.